Holy Cross Hospital is owned by the Congregation of the Daughters of the Cross, a registered charity for the promotion of healthcare and education. The Sisters founded the Hospital in Haslemere in 1917 as a sanatorium for the treatment of tuberculosis. The Hospital has seen many changes over the years and provides specialist services for patients who are severely disabled.
Many patients are referred by a NHS Hospital and their treatment is funded by the NHS. The length of time patients spend at Holy Cross varies greatly — some require the facilities over a long period of time while others come for a period of rehabilitation and may be able to return home. We treat everybody as individuals and provide a caring, home-like environment.
The aim of Holy Cross Hospital is to take forward the mission of the Congregation of the Daughters of the Cross, by serving people who are sick or suffering and their families.