Holy Cross Hospital provides highly specialised and individualised neuro-rehabilitation and care. The Hospital is set in a tranquil location and is superbly equipped. It offers:
Forty single bedrooms
- Profiling beds
- Overhead hoists
- En suite toilet and wash-basin
- Personalisation of rooms welcomed
- Well-equipped gym
- Spacious and air conditioned gym
- Separate Physiotherapy Centre for outpatients
- Large infinity pool for water-based physiotherapy
- Temperature kept at a warm 34°C
- Hoist assisted transfers
- Accessible changing room
- Level access showers
St Anne’s Sensory room
St Anne’s Sensory room is where technology and people interact and new channels of communication are discovered. Our state of the art assistive technology includes:
- The Magic Carpet - Eye gaze software enables patients to take part in games such as football and to participate in activities that involve virtual water, leaves or flowers. Interactive images are projected onto a surface, which can be easily controlled by the patient moving across or over the projected image. The Magic Carpet is helping some patients to regain independence.
- Mobile eye gaze system and software - This is used for assessment, therapy and activities.
- Optibeam - Patients interact with beams of light to trigger audio-visual sequences.
A large room that can be divided into smaller spaces for patient activities. It includes:
- Therapy kitchen
- Large TV, comprehensive selection of DVDs and games
- Space for parties and celebrations
- Accessible sun terrace
The chapel is situated within the Hospital on the ground floor. It is open 24-hours a day.
Patients, visitors and staff of all faiths and none are welcome to use the chapel for quiet reflection and prayer.
The garden is a lovely outdoor environment that can be enjoyed by everybody. It has a seaside corner, pool area and terrace and appeals to all five senses. Our Guide will help you to make the most of the garden.
We have a wheelchair-friendly treehouse and woodland trail where you will see spectacular views and a variety of birds and wildlife.
We have three vehicles suitable for wheelchair users. These are used for outings or home visits.
We have a holiday cottage in Selsey and for one week a month we take groups of patients for day visits. The accessible, home-from-home environment provides a haven for patients and is the perfect place to spend time with family members outside the normal hospital setting. Find out more about the holiday home.