Friends of Holy Cross
The Friends of Holy Cross Hospital aim to raise money for important and much valued items, which help to support patients and enhance their quality of life.
How funds are raised
Friends pay an annual subscription of £20 per year with many choosing to supplement the suggested amount.
As a Friend, you will receive a newsletter twice a year and will be invited to attend a number of fundraising events organised by the Friends’ Committee.
To become a Friend, please complete a membership form.
Support a fundraising event
Throughout the year the Friends organise a number of fundraising events and activities. These include musical evenings, golf days, sponsored walks, tennis tournaments, quiz nights and concerts.
How funds are used
The Friends have raised thousands of pounds, which has enabled the:
- Regular replacement of the Hospital’s two ambulances. The ambulances are used to take patients on excursions.
- Donation of money towards the installation of Wi-Fi in all areas of the Hospital.
- Creation of a sensory room and the purchase of specialist technology which has enabled some of the most disabled patients to communicate and interact.
- Construction of a senses garden to help patients to connect with their surroundings and other people.
- Building of a wheelchair-friendly woodland trail.
- Purchase of equipment such as a special treatment couch, standing hoist, a blood gas analyser and a mobile arm support.
- The Friends funded the installation of piped oxygen and suction to all patient rooms.
The Friends donate several thousand pounds a year towards an amenity fund which is used to finance the running costs of the minibuses, provide music and art materials for the patients and tools and equipment for the patients’ gardening club.
Dates for your diary
Sunday 6 September
10am at theDevil’s Punchbowl car park, Hindhead, GU26 6 SE
The walk is mainly downhill until lunch, progressing from Hindhead Common, through Witley Park Farm to Haslemere. Lunch will be at a location in Haslemere High Street. The afternoon walk will take about an hour. Please contact Jo Casebourne if you would like to take part.
Friends’ of Holy Cross AGM
Thursday 10 September
7pm at St Hugh’s, Holy Cross Hospital
Subject to there being no changes in government guidelines, it is hoped that this year’s AGM will be held in person. If guidance changes, the meeting will take place virtually. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
Tuesday 15 September
West Surrey Golf Club
The golf day will be held in a socially distanced format. Everybody who has signed up will be contacted by the organisers.
Friday 2 October
The annual tennis day will take place on courts in Haslemere and Godalming. Please contact Marie-Claire if you would like to take part.
Saturday 21 November
Holy Cross Hospital
Test your knowledge at this annual fundraiser. More details to follow.
News from the Friends