Friends of Holy Cross
The Friends of Holy Cross Hospital aim to raise money for important and much valued items, which help to support patients and enhance their quality of life.
How funds are raised
Friends pay an annual subscription of £20 per year with many choosing to supplement the suggested amount.
As a Friend, you will receive a newsletter twice a year and will be invited to attend a number of fundraising events organised by the Friends’ Committee.
To become a Friend, please complete a membership form.
Support a fundraising event
Throughout the year the Friends organise a number of fundraising events and activities. These include musical evenings, golf days, sponsored walks, tennis tournaments, quiz nights and concerts.
Tuesday 11 September
Kindly hosted by the West Surrey Gold Club and organised by John Wharton.
Friday 12 October
Details to follow.
Holy Cross Quiz
Saturday 17 November
Quizmaster Richard Royds will return to test your wits.
How funds are used
The Friends have raised thousands of pounds, which has enabled the:
- Regular replacement of the Hospital’s two minibuses. The minibuses are used to take patients on excursions.
- Donation of money towards the installation of Wi-Fi in all areas of the Hospital.
- Creation of a sensory room and the purchase of specialist technology which has enabled some of the most disabled patients to communicate and interact.
- Construction of a senses garden to help patients to connect with their surroundings and other people.
- Building of a wheelchair-friendly woodland trail.
- Purchase of equipment such as a special treatment couch, standing hoist, a blood gas analyser and a mobile arm support.
- The Friends funded the installation of piped oxygen and suction to all patient rooms.
The Friends donate several thousand pounds a year towards an amenity fund which is used to finance the running costs of the minibuses, provide music and art materials for the patients and tools and equipment for the patients’ gardening club.
News from the Friends